Hello ..ok. so .. how are you all doing? This is a checkin-in type blog with a chance for you to reflect on how not to be in a place of fear but of a place of action. What actions can you take control of in your life today? Right now?
Right now we are all trying to adapting to changing working and #stayingathome and that raises a lot of barriers and limits but also many opportunities for expanding, Take some time to consider that for a moment.
One area to focus on is how would you answer these two questions:
- What have you done this past week to help fortify your body?
- What can you do in the next 7 days?
This is something that we can control and provides us with and opportunities for expansion. And despite being stuck at home we can take this time for expansion. But first we need not be stressed and also to fortify our bodies to be health during this time of Covid19.
When I asked people in my social media community about how they are fortifying their body and this is how they responded:
- Focusing on laughter
- Hiking more and …..stop eating junk food!!
- Lots of fresh air and doing fun (home-based) activities
- Eating better and avoiding sugar
- Sleeping more… even sleeping in
- Doing hobbies like gardening, sewing, quilting, painting, crafting, etc
- Being outside, running and walking
- Contacting friends and family
- Playing musical instruments
- Cooking delicious home cooked meals on the “fancy” dishes, eating vegetables.
- Doing meditation yoga, and spiritual practices
- Using essential oils and personal . hand and feet massages
This are things you can do at home. Are you doing any of these already? What else could you do?
I have been encouraged by different experts that we should all focus on more self care (which has the added benefit of reducing our stress) whether that includes a walk around the block or yoga or…. (insert your favourite stress relieving activity)
The experts are encouraging all of us to sleep more, eat well, exercise, do grounding breath work, etc. (and I suggest limiting media new feeds to only what you need to know .i.e your local area.
Stay well and focus on fortifying yourself at this important time.